30 Mind-Boggling Questions About the Israel-Hamas War
From a children’s puzzle showing a cartoon Muslim world attacking the Jewish state, to a new kebab shop in Jordan being named "October 7th," you can't make this stuff up.
Future of Jewish is the ultimate newsletter by and for people passionate about Judaism and Israel. Subscribe to better understand and become smarter about the Jewish world.
Please consider supporting our mission to help everyone better understand and become smarter about the Jewish world. A gift of any amount helps keep our platform free and zero-advertising for all.
1. Why is Iran occupying Syria and Lebanon?
And why is the world quiet about this Islamist army takeover of Syria and Lebanon?
2. Do people realize just how unique (and therefore challenging) warfare is in Gaza?
It is practically a new form of warfare: an urban setting, extensive use of human shields, and massive tunnel infrastructure.
3. Why isn’t the Israeli government getting real with the public?
Hamas does not want a hostage exchange. It wants a full stop of the war. Hamas believes it can get one because Israelis are begging them for a hostage deal.
4. Doesn’t it seem strange that a children’s puzzle showing a cartoon Muslim world attacking the Jewish state was found in Gaza?
The IDF has also found “Protocols of the Elders of Zion,” Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” and other timeless hateful publications translated into Arabic and updated with “new additions.”
5. Why is the UN encouraging the establishment of a terrorist state set on the elimination of another UN state?
What does that Palestinian look like? Like Hamastan Gaza or the terror cities of Jenin and Nablus?
6. Can you imagine if people who gang-raped your daughter were called freedom fighters to justify their actions?
No further comment.
7. Why does the Qatari government spend uncountable billions of dollars promoting and even funding the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, and other terrorist groups?
And why isn’t the U.S. government holding them more accountable?
8. What exactly is the Palestinian cause?
From my vantage point, it appears that it is all about erasing the Jewish connection to the land and vilifying the Jewish People. In fact, the name Palestine is a colonial term. The area was called Judea, but the Romans renamed it Palestine as an insult to the Jewish People. Then the area was Arabicized and Islamified around the seventh century.
9. Why do people think so many Palestinians are essentially innocent bystanders?
A new poll shows that 90 percent of Palestinians think that the October 7th massacre was “a legitimate resistance operation” or “a somewhat flawed but legitimate resistance operation.”
10. When will more people acknowledge that the combatant-to-civilian death ratio in this Israel-Hamas war is unprecedented?
Even if you believe Hamas’ claim that around 25,000 people have been killed in Gaza, the combatant-civilian death ratio in Gaza is about 1-to-1.5 and less than 1-to-2. In other words, for every combatant killed, less than two civilians are killed.
(For reference, civilians usually make up around 90 percent of casualties in war, according to the UN. That’s a 1-to-9 ratio, one combatant for every nine civilians.)
11. Why is U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration suddenly attempting to bring down Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government by now saying that the war is not winnable?
Shouldn’t they be working to bring down Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad?
12. Is there a difference between a Gazan child killed in an air strike by an Israeli pilot who did his best to avoid innocent victims, and an Israeli child tortured and beheaded in front of their parents by a gleeful Hamas butcher?
No, there is no difference between the dead children, but why does the world not see a massive difference between the men who caused their deaths?
13. When will more people realize that Judaism without Zionism ends in pogroms and concentration camps, with millions of Jews dead?
14. Why are the same people who keep telling us to “not stop talking about Palestine” never tell us to not stop talking about Yemen, Sudan, Ukraine, Somalia, Syria, or Ethiopia?
It’s as if the entire world is completely peaceful and problem-free, and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the only thorn in our collective side.
15. When did “free speech” allow blocking traffic, floating balloons that might crash planes, vandalizing bookstores and public libraries, firing guns at schools, and assaulting people who video record your antisemitic chants at street demonstrations?
And why does it seem like so many police forces are scared to do their job?
16. Why doesn’t content coming out of Gaza carry a warning that Hamas has influenced its editorial direction?
The Gaza Health Ministry is run by Hamas. Hamas is the fifth-most active terror group in the world. Can somebody connect the dots?
17. How are the same Palestinian children saved by different people in different locations on different days?
18. Why does Israel find itself needing to target senior Iranian military leaders in Syria and Lebanon?
Cough, Iranian, cough, occupation, cough.
19. When will the Palestinians realize that Jews are not part of their problem, but part of their solution?
In the 1920s, for example, ardent Zionist Dr. Israel Kligler, a microbiologist, helped eradicate malaria in the region, which ironically resulted in a major share of the Arab’s massive population increase.
20. Why is the Iranian Ayatollah chairing the UN Conference on Disarmament this year?
And why did he chair UN Human Rights Council forum in 2023?
21. When did John Cusack become such a foul Jew hater?
I actually thought he was a good actor.
22. Why don’t more people realize that, if the Palestinians have the ability to stay alive by simply not killing Israelis, then the Palestinians are not facing genocide?
If the Israelis have the ability to stay alive only because of their tremendous defense systems, then the Israelis are facing genocide. But I digress.
23. Why aren’t more politicians telling immigrants in their country that, if they hate this country, and if they encourage the destruction of its allies like Israel, then we don’t want you here?
It’s a pretty straightforward social contract. No fine print needed.
24. This week, the Islamic Republic of Iran executed Mohammed Ghobadloo for standing up for women’s rights. Last week they executed another man. Next week they are executing two more. Where are all the blue-haired “feminists” and why are they so quiet?
25. When will people realize that the organizations Jewish Voice for Peace, If Not Now, and +972 Magazine are distortions of Jewish reality?
These organizations have manipulated people into thinking they speak for the Jewish People. It is appalling.
26. Imagine if after 9/11, a kebab shop called 9/11 opened. Then why did one called “October 7” just open in Amman, Jordan?
27. Why don’t more Jews understand that they can have an outspoken opinion about the Israel-Hamas war precisely because of, not in spite of, the existence of a strong Jewish state?
A world with a Jewish state makes the Jewish People stronger. A world without a Jewish state makes the Jewish People weaker. Case closed.
28. Why is President Biden’s administration not putting more pressure on Qatar, an American ally, to put more pressure on Hamas, a Qatari ally, to release all the remaining hostages?
Has America lost its leverage?
29. How is it that liberal and peace loving people, who would normally be appalled by terrorism, have this complete hatred of Israel, matched only by their profuse support for the Palestinian cause, which actively uses the most barbaric and horrific forms of terrorism ever seen in the world?
How do you say hypocrisy in the “woke” dialect?
30. Can someone please tell the head of the UN to shut the hell up?
Asking for a friend, of course.